PADI Rescue Diver Course
What does it cover?
- The Psychology of Rescue
- Recognizing Diver Stress
- Accident Management
- Assisting Responsive and Unresponsive Divers at the Surface and Underwater
- Equipment Problems
- Oxygen Delivery Systems
- Missing Diver Procedures
- Responding to Diver Emergencies
- In-water Rescue Breathing
Who can benefit from completing the course?Building upon what you have already learned, this course expands your knowledge of problem prevention, and how to manage them if they occur.
The course is designed for anyone who wants to learn how to prevent, and if necessary, manage dive emergencies. The course broadens a diver’s awareness and improves his/her skills and confidence. Most certified PADI Rescue Divers look back on their rescue training as one of the most challenging - sometimes demanding - and therefore most rewarding courses they’ve taken. The subject is serious but the training is fun.
What are the PADI Rescue Diver course prerequisites?
- EFR Primary and Secondary care (may be completed during the class)
- at least 12 years old
- Open Water Diver
- a certified Adventure diver having completed the Navigation dive
How does it work?After enrolling, PADI’s eLearning system presents your student with interactive presentations that include videos, audio, graphics and reading. The videos are actually integrated into the online program which is a new feature of the online course. Five short quizzes let your student check their under-standing of the presented information before moving on. This lets them move through the program efficiently and at their own pace. End-of-section exams verify their mastery of the entire topic and are automatically scored.
What else is required to complete the course?After completing the online portion of the PADI Rescue Diver course, you will need to complete the in water training with us. This consists of ten rescue exercises and two Rescue Diver scenarios in open water.
How do you document that you’ve completed the eLearning segment?Once you finish the eLearning portion of the course, we will be notified that you have completed it and that you are ready for the practical phase of the program. You can print out your eRecord and bring a copy of it with you.
- Convenient online access to knowledge development course materials
- complete knowledge assessments at your own pace
- Visit or contact us anytime during business hours
- Payment is made to PADI for eLearning via a secure online payment system.
- There are additional charges for completing the in-water portion.