Adaptive Scuba for disabilities and Special Needs
Scuba Diving lessons for the novice. No prior experience is required to begin your diving fun!
- PADI crewpak consisting of text book, logbook, and dive computer simulator, your own mouthpiece, and personal mask defog.
- a minimum off five (5) class/pool modules
- four (4) or five (5) open water dives over at least 2 days.
- International PADI Scuba Diver, Open Water Diver, and/or HSA certification
- Open Water Dives may be shore dives or from our Dive Boat the PISCES DIVER located on Canandaigua Lake
- Professional equipment counseling
- The following is provided from sign-up through graduation night for use at our facility:
- use of facility equipment:
- buoyancy systems, weights
- regulators, cylinders
- wetsuits for open water dives
- unlimited air
- UNLIMITED PRACTICE TIME in our pool
- Semi private or private classes are available depending on the student needs.
- We have HSA (Handicap Scuba Association) certified and PADI Adaptive Scuba certified instructors
- Flexible class times. Available any time day or night and designed to fit your schedule.
- E-Learning! Take the entire classroom portion of the course on-line.
- Open Water Dive Referral. You may arrange to take your Open Water Dives at a resort destination and save 150$.
- Adult Continuing Education (ACE) credit is available
- Classes are performance based and progress with the rate of the student. Costs will vary with the type and severity of the disability, as well as the expectations of the student.
- Please stop in and let us form a teaching plan with you. Some physical disabilities are such that the student may well be better suited in our regular group classes. For more serious disabilities it would be recommended that they participate with a partner who can be certified as am HSA buddy diver. Students with learning disabilities should be allowed to progress at their own rate. Please do not put them in a group class. It is not good for them to fall behind.
- mask, snorkel, diving fins, and boots
- hood, gloves and equipment bag for open water dives
- You may purchase the above equipment through our Web Store, but better yet, take advantage of our professional staff in our local store to assist you in getting properly fitted.